Monday 11 July 2022

Cherry pancakes to remind me of the USA.

I made some American pancakes. Cherries, warm pancakes, fresh cream, I was missing America having been back in the UK a week. I can't wait to get back to the US next month.

At the same time I'm very much hoping that the US exchange rate/UK pound gets better. We now seem to be below $1.20, yes a little disheartening to say the least, like I've said before I do remember when it was $2 to the pound.

I was younger at the time but let's bring back those days, let's hope that the UK economy gets better and the US/UK exchange rate improve significantly, I'll be keeping an eye on it over the coming weeks, I can't remember it being this bad. I did notice when I was at Manchester Airport a couple of weeks ago that £1 was equal to $1 and I'm pretty sure now it will have dipped below that dire rate of exchange, so let's keep hoping the UK economy improves and we get better value for money for our pounds in the US .

If you are heading to the US in this next week I hope you have a fantastic time and I hope that you can make your UK £ stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering the NYC Coffee Scene: A Guide to Ordering Your Perfect Cup of Coffee

Navigating the bustling streets of New York City is an adventure in itself, and for many, that journey begins with a steaming cup of coffee....