Saturday 24 September 2022

Do I need an ESTA if I arrive into the US by car from Canada?

I have been asked this question and the answer I have found this on the US Customs and Border Protection website, " If you are a landed immigrant of Canada and a citizen of a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), and you enter the United States by land, the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is not required.  If you do not have ESTA, you will be required to complete the paper I-94W form and proceed through a manual entry process at the land border crossing.

If you have an approved ESTA when entering the United States at a land border crossing, you will not be required to complete the paper I-94W form, and your entry process is expedited." More details on the CBP website - https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1258?language=en_US

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering the NYC Coffee Scene: A Guide to Ordering Your Perfect Cup of Coffee

Navigating the bustling streets of New York City is an adventure in itself, and for many, that journey begins with a steaming cup of coffee....