Friday 8 July 2022

Wow, it’s been 8 months since the US opened its borders to vaccinated international travellers.

Wow can you believe it, it has been 8 months since the US opened its borders to vaccinated international travellers. That 8 months seems to have, pardon the pun, flown by.

I still remember getting a heads up an hour or two before it was announced the borders would reopen. I remember one afternoon in September of last year, it was a sunny day, I thought to myself I will honestly believe it when I read it.

The next thing I knew I received a breaking news headline from both the BBC, sky News, and the financial Times. The breaking news all said the same thing International air travel must resume in November.

For me it will be one of the happiest days, have having gone almost 2 years since last spring in the United States it was a massive relief. All of a sudden it felt like there was a way forward, weight was off my shoulders. I didn't know the full details and we were not to know until a little nearer to November 8, but I was happy that there was a prospect that I would be able to visit the United States.

So let's be thankful that we are able to travel to the US, however if restrictions prohibits you from travelling to the US than I hope that at some point you will be allowed to return to visit loved ones or travel.

If you have a US Travel booked soon then I wish you happy US travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering the NYC Coffee Scene: A Guide to Ordering Your Perfect Cup of Coffee

Navigating the bustling streets of New York City is an adventure in itself, and for many, that journey begins with a steaming cup of coffee....