Sunday 20 November 2022

Creating Filofax inserts by recycling packaging helps me stay organised on my US travels.







So I’m a big advocate for all things Filofax, for me as a frequent traveller to the US it’s a marvellous way to keep track of my flights, itemisers, and holds my passports and foreign currency. I currently use a personal size Heritage Filofax. 

I’m also a believer in reclycling and I decided to make a secure envelope that will store my passport and any currency that I may need to carry around with me. 

Therefore I used envelope packaging that aid received from Amazon. I wanted it slightly larger than the usual personal size inserts in my Filofax. There I decided to do some measuring and cut the template. I used the sealed section to house the filofax holes and the left the opening flat for easy access to insert whatever I need, as I travel a lot this homemade wallet houses my filofax and some loose foreign currency and any other important documentation. 

Now I can secure the flap with some Velcro but a paperclip is equally good. It’s actually a very reliable travel insert for my Filofax, it also helps to recycle the packaging Amazon bring and lastly it’s sturdy and does the trick on my multiple trips to the USA. Yes it looks rudimentary but it does the trick and I know I’ve done good by recycling. 

I hope if you use a Filofax it helps you with your US travels. 

If, like me, you use a Filofax and are looking for a great website to keep you informed, provide great advice and guidance on getting the most from your Filofax then bookmark the following blog - https://philofaxy.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mastering the NYC Coffee Scene: A Guide to Ordering Your Perfect Cup of Coffee

Navigating the bustling streets of New York City is an adventure in itself, and for many, that journey begins with a steaming cup of coffee....